Green Your Communities
GREEN YOUR COMMUNITY
Our “Green Your Community” is a two day course designed to bring neighbors and local communities together to act in an environmentally friendly manner.
As a course participant you will learn:
· How to set up an ad-hoc committee by talking with your friends, family, neighbors, and other community members about acting in an environmentally friendly manner
· How to organize a neighborhood cleanup
· How to provide nicer looking streets,
· How to promote tree lined streets
· Provide healthier plants and wildlife (and grass)
· How to provide safer, uncontaminated groundwater
· Provide for wild animal crossings
· Orchestrate a community cleanup
· How to build “environmentally friendly” parks and Green Zones for the community as a whole to enjoy.
· How to promote a neighborhood/community garden that everyone can enjoy
· Methods to talk with your neighbors and promote Green
· Methods of forming a casual, non-committal group, Neighborhood Green
· How to promote an informal meeting, discuss your goals and get commitments, and get community leaders to support your efforts.
· How to get local schools and community leaders involved
· How to involve local churches and civic club members in your efforts
· Discover environmental related games to promote the idea of Green among the youth of the community
The cost of the course for Non-Members is only $150 USD per person plus $199 for Instructional Material including CD/DVD, but if there is a local group of ten to twenty then the pricing is only $135 a person and if twenty one to thirty come as a group the pricing is only $125 a person.
Member pricing starts at $100 USD with a Membership Fee of $35 and Members Instructional Material is only $99. Groups of ten to thirty the Member pricing drops to $90 USD and the Instructional Material is also reduced to $90.
For groups over thirty please contact The Environmental Educational Center for special pricing. Also be aware that additional considerations are often needed for TEEC to service larger classes.
The Environmental Education Center
Copyright © 2012, All Rights Reserved